Supports the operational efforts of the Human Resource team.
- Document control and maintenance of department communication materials for benefits, recruitment, onboarding, compliance, and safety items.
- Maintains electronic and/or physical records including personnel, confidential, medical, recruitment, and general files and information; performs periodic audits to ensure documents have been filed and retained appropriately.
- Assists in the administration of all personnel policies and procedures. Assists employees with routine personnel related questions as the first point of contact for employee related issues.
- Performs recruiting activities (post job openings, prescreen resumes, attend career fairs, coordinate interviews, and conduct phone screens).
- Processes new hire orientations/onboarding.
- Champion employee engagement, recognition, and morale events and activities.
- Assist with activities relating to workplace safety and security matters such as safety program development, OSH Act compliance, policies and procedures, and general workplace access.
- Assist with companywide and departmental learning and development initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Self-starter and can work under minimal guidance
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform under stress
Education and Experience Requirements
Must possess a high school diploma or GED. Two (2) years post-secondary education at a university, community college, business, or vocational school is preferred. One (1) year of related experience is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid driver’s license and ability to drive company vehicles. SHRM Essentials certificate preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, stand, walk, crouch, bend, stoop, stretch, and lift. Employee must have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision, full color vision, and ability to adjust focus working with computer and business equipment. Work may require moderate physical exertion with long periods of sitting or standing; lifting up to 30 lbs.
*Please note this job description is designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not intended to create or imply an employment contract; the employee/employer relationship remains at-will.