GCW is now accepting resume submissions for Fall 2023 Student Interns.
As a civil engineer student intern at GCW, you will have the opportunity to further your education by applying learned material in a professional employment setting, make new connections, and gain hands-on experience. You will work in a collaborative environment and support the Project Management team in efforts of design, document development and administration, depending on expertise and knowledge. This is a paid, part-time position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Performs simple calculations and computer data entry
- Performs basic design tasks and drawings using computer-aided design (CADD)
- Assists staff with various project tasks, including researching, compiling and evaluating project data, and preparing reports
- Addressing utility/agency/project manager red lines and comments to plans
- Attends in-house training programs
- Design bridges utilizing AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Manual
- Design buildings utilizing IBC
- Design retaining walls
- Design flood control structures including detention basin infrastructure, junction structures
- Design water reservoirs and pump stations
- Perform structural analysis using applicable software
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Possesses ability to apply engineering principles to evaluate and solve basic engineering problems. Working knowledge of CAD Civil 3D software and Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Project) is a plus.
Education and Experience Requirements
Currently enrolled in a College/University Civil Engineering Program.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid driver’s license.
*Please note this job description is designed to contain a listing of essential activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee to successfully perform this job. This list is not meant to be an all-inclusive list as duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not intended to create or imply an employment contract; the employee/employer relationship remains at-will.